I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Nicole Davis. Swing by her blog! Thank you so much for the nomination!
The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
•The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
•Provide 11 facts about yourself.
•Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
•Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.
Here we go:
11 Facts About Me:
1. I love to cook.
2. I’m a volunteer for Mercy Chefs where I have plenty of opportunities to share Christ’s love through cooking.
3. When I’m not cooking I’m thinking about food. (I know you think this is a copout answer, but it’s the truth).
4. I have chronic pain from a botched vasectomy.
5. I’m presently seeing a rheumatologist to diagnose an autoimmune disorder. Ankylosing spondylitis is on the table right now.
6. I ate street food in Haiti. I didn’t get sick though the “restaurant” was next to a dump.
7. I’m funding a mission trip to Honduras for my wife and I by selling lasagna. This is our third year.
8. I started learning how to cook within two weeks of meeting my wife. She invited me over for dinner and we had Hamburger Helper.
9. I once put a dead cottonmouth in bed with my wife. I had cut its head off after I caught it stealing fish off my stringer.
10. I jumped off a railroad bridge into the Mississippi River when I was eighteen. It’s not as glamorous as it sounds.
11. I rode a camel in Israel.
Questions for me:
1. What is your simple pleasure in life? That one thing that puts a smile on your face.
That’s a tough one as I like being cranky. Cooking for others is probably the best.
2. If you could talk to one dead person, who would it be? Why?
Lavrentii Beria. There is a cloud of suspicion around Joseph Stalin’s death, but most think Beria poisoned Stalin with Warfarin. I’d like to ask him myself.
3. What is one thing you lost that you wish you had back?
I didn’t lose it. I traded in my first vehicle. I’d love to have my first truck back. It was a 1987 Dodge Ram 50. I loved that truck.
4. If you were in your dream home, describe how the view from your back window would differ from your current view.
All I can see is wooden fence and trees. I’d like to see a nice swamp out my back window. Or mountains.
5. Do you share your blog with family/friends in real life?
I told my wife about it, but I don’t think she ever looked at it. My kids know about it. Other than my household, I haven’t told a soul.
6. Do you have any annoying habits?
My wife hates it when I say, “Huh?” I have rotten hearing and will yell that across the room.
7. What habit do you find most annoying in other people?
Giving too many details in a conversation. Listening is work.
8. What is one life event you never saw coming?
Easy. The way my world was turned upside down because of a vasectomy.
9. At what age did you truly grow up? If you haven’t yet, what age do you think you will grow up?
I started around five years ago. I have a long way to go.
10. If you could go back and tell your younger self one thing, what would it be and why?
I was a disc jockey for a dozen years. I would tell myself to get a marketable degree. Radio never paid the bills.
11. Tell us about something that has made an impact on your life.
Definitely my conversion to Christ. That was around 5-6 years ago. My life made a complete turn around. The botched vasectomy was a gift that drew me nearer to Him.
11 questions for my Nominees:
1. Is there anything you hope to accomplish with your blog?
2. What is your current occupation? What do you wish it was?
3. What is the stupidest thing you have done?
4. What is your favorite 70s sitcom?
5. Are there any obstacles in your life that make you not want to get out of bed in the morning?
6. If you could put one band on a bus that careens off a cliff, what would it be and why? (Not that I advocate violence, but there has got to be a band that annoys you).
7. If you would live in any time period, what would it be and why?
8. Do you talk to your neighbors? Why or why not?
9. What is your favorite food? The least favorite?
10. If you had to choose between phantom pain from an amputated pinky finger or a hip replacement, which would you choose? Why?
11. What is your number one priority in life?
1. A ‘Mike’ for Christ
2. Mostly Cloudy With Some Bright Spells
3. RA the Natural Way
4. Transplanted to the South
6. simpson BBQ
8. Lavender Gables
9. Kitchen Sanctuary
10. Alive in You
11. Dinner Daydreams